Not My Optimus Prime

You know your heart is truly broken when you see him right before you, the one that made you who you are today. Without him you wouldn't have a sense of kindness and compassion to other people. You wouldn't have chosen to follow your own path in what makes you happy. You wouldn't have chosen to stand out rather than blend in with the crowd.

I know that feeling, and every year it gets worse that I cannot believe someone I admire, fictional or real, has become this ruthless monster.....this......machine. But I can't bring myself to abandon him because of this, that would be something I would regret forever.

I know what you're thinking, this is absolutely delusional of me because he isn't real. But let me tell you, there are many ways a fictional character can be influential to a person depending on what they stand for.

Sadly, Hollywood does not want him to stand for that anymore.

Why am I saying this? Behold:



My heart broke when I saw this, and despite Transformers having a huge role in my teenage years, my heart has reached a point where I cannot take it anymore. As I dug deeper, I realized what was wrong with what Bay was doing to this beloved franchise. I came to love and admire Optimus for his sense of compassion, mercy and so on.

Now everyone believes he's going to kill Bumblebee in this movie. This is the last one that Bay will be doing before he steps down (Thank God, but only a really good director who understands Transformers and puts fans before paychecks will be able to make up for all the damage that has already been done)

I'm not sure what I just watched but I saw the same thing as usual: attractive and distracting lead female (well this one wasn't as much as the previous three), a bunch of big bloody unnecessary explosions, breakable robots, human scenes galore, and finally Optimus being violent AF.

Wait, no, I stand corrected. That's not my Optimus that I love, it's some violent bozo who loves to tear robots apart without remorse who looks like Optimus.


  • The real Optimus would have mercy. 
  • The real Optimus would not lose his temper if he saw something happening that he doesn't like. 
  • The real Optimus would try to keep casualties and collateral damage to a minimum to be victorious and achieve peace. 
  • The real Optimus would not attack comrades unless he was possessed by Nemesis. 


Even if that's the case, I still won't stand for it based on what has led us to this.

I don't know how anyone can be okay with him acting like this in these movies? The first movie was good because they stuck to the Optimus that I love. One of my friends believes he'll have to sit through the movie again because of the impact the franchise had on his childhood. My personal opinion to anyone who chooses to do this, not just him is: This isn't something you need to force yourself to do if you're really not that happy about the way things are.

I tell this to people who let their nostalgia blind them and when they choose to hate on something. Well, right now perhaps I'm blinded by my own nostalgia and am ranting away here upset about what Optimus has become. But when the movie comes out, I'm not going to hate on it, and in fact I'm not really sure if I want to see it. There's a good chance I may choose not to. Age of Extinction really let me down, and the only good thing I can say about this movie from what I've seen is that Josh Duhamel reprises his role as Lennox. He and Tyrese Gibson played the only human characters in the movies that were actually good in my opinion.

I know I've said that boycotting something doesn't change anything, but in this case, this is a personal issue for me, and I cannot bear to face it again. I don't want to leave with tears or be angry and upset what Bay has done to the character I have admired for 6 years....soon to be 7.

I would rather remember Optimus as what he was when I came to love and look up to him, not what he has become.

Because this right here, is not my Optimus Prime.

👽Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sabaton - The Last Stand Track by Track Review

Attero Dominatus - This Soldier's Screaming

First Night With Lordi - All Inclusive