You Dare Judge the Lady?

So, if you're wondering what I've secretly been up to when I'm not doing my usual, well here's where you get the answer!

I wanted to try an experiment and that was create my own 3D printed jewelry which idea came in to mind when I saw a cosplayer make hers that way. There have been many side projects I've considered besides writing, but I was never serious about them, until now.

I can survive without makeup, but not my accessories! Plus I like to have my own creations based on the things I love.

I went to look for ideal places to do this and came across Shapeways; a quite reputable company as well as Wizegem where I could experiment more with designs.

I knew exactly what I wanted to make and I didn't want to go with anything too detailed or expensive. So here down below is my first creation made directly from Shapeways.


Very basic for my first attempt at designing a ring. Since I didn't want to spend too much money from this I used a basic polished plastic purple for the material.

On the outside it looks like a very plain ring but on the inside...there's a secret message.

I am the judge's lady. The inscription inside says "Lady Frollo" and Frollo approves without a doubt! So, if you're looking to make a simple ring with a hidden message, here's where you can do it. Easy process and tips to help you make it better so it can be printed without any flaws.

When I was doing this ring to get a feel of the process, my biggest concern was if I had chosen the right size. I believe I am 5.5, and whenever I go to jewelry stores; all the rings that catch my eye the most are too big for my fingers.

My only complaint about this ring is that the inscription looks really faded, even though the point of engravings is to convey a hidden message which is often used in wedding bands.....still, I wish it was a bit more readable, you know, just in case anyone asks me! When I was making the ring online I fell in love with the font, it looked so clear and beautiful but I suppose it's just the material I chose that made it come out like that.

I also thought the material was going to be a lot more polished; doesn't even feel like plastic sometimes. I could have had it printed in a nicer material but like I said, I didn't want to spend too much money on it.

Even if the engraving doesn't look perfect, as long as I know the message hidden within then I'm happy.

I have three more rings that have been printed en route to me as I write this, so please look forward to my thoughts on them when they arrive! They might just have something to do with this one!

-Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sabaton - The Last Stand Track by Track Review

Attero Dominatus - This Soldier's Screaming

First Night With Lordi - All Inclusive