MMSW #39 Cold Waters Untouched (Disney Special)

I've been dying to get this one out so I'm just going to jump straight into it.



The first single released from Nightwish's latest album. I did hear this one live when I saw them the second time, but I was too tired to get up and headbang, probably because I was wearing those high heel boots my mom didn't want anymore. My feet were killing me that night. Once I was turned on by Sabaton at that gig, I ran out of energy just before Nightwish came on. Still, I love this song, and I love the melody, it took several listens to turn me on, but eventually it did.

So what does it make me think about? Well, seeing as the title is a dedication, this song is the metal love song that I dedicate to this lovely man:

I'm ready...sweet little Emily
As soon as Shan Yu resurfaced as a fictional crush from my childhood, I started looking for songs both metal and pop that made me think of him. After listening to Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande, I was like "Yeah that's a Shan Yu love song for me" and even though Elan doesn't have lyrics about love, it was the melody that made me think of him. 

As many of you already know, it's a lot easier to picture fantasy sequences than it is with sci-fi when you listen to metal, especially symphonic metal. 

I think of this song as the theme song for The Warlord's Prize, and I will start working on the next chapter this week, after I publish this. I picture myself dressed up in a women's sized version of his outfit: tunic, boots, scarf, hood, glove and all, even with the sword, so I'm basically him in this fantasy. I am singing a song called Captive Love which has the same melody as this. I am seen in the woods overlooking the mountains atop a tree, my falcon comes to me and lands on my arm. Then I jump down, put my hood on, mount my horse and ride with my army through the mountains. It ends off with us charging down the hill with me leading of course, sword out and ready.

Simultaneously, I am seen singing the song in the woods. I wish I had that costume in real life, I would love to dress up as him for Halloween this year, although come to think of it, I have seen someone make a women's cosplay of it, but there's no way they'd give it up, even I pay all I've got to have it. I could always buy a men's version, but it would require major altering in order to fit me. So then the last option is to buy fabric and make it. I haven't used a sewing machine since fashion class in 11th grade, so wish me luck with that, unless I draw a design of it showing all sides, bring it before a seamstress, and pay him/her to make it for me.

Back to my version of the song now Captive Love is the latest song I have written.

Lo and behold the lyrics:

I ran through the mountains to the light
Tried to hide from the ones I feared
I was taken prisoner by your men
Met you under the moon, where my life would change

I was a servant, abused, and shamed
Until the day you opened up
The night was clear and stars would shine
Let this be the time that I, say I've fallen for your heart

Ride
Through the pass
Under the stars
Let us guide our way to light
I am here in this captive love
Ride
To the sky
On the snow
You and I until the end
Meet me where the sun breaks the dark

The story of my life before you came
I was alone in the snow and cold
Running from the torches 
That burned down my home
I had no one there, even though you brought it down

Listen to my heart as it beats for you
You're not a monster to me at all
I feel like you want me close tonight
Let me be the one this time, take you far from the war

Ride
Through the pass
Under the stars
Let us guide our way to light
I am here in this captive love
Ride
To the sky
On the snow
You and I until the end
Meet me where the sun breaks the dark

I'm not your hostage anymore
This is love
This is trust
Hear it now, on the mountain peaks 
Growing strong, let the angels sing songs
I don't see, I don't care, anyone but you now

Ride
Through the pass
Under the stars
Let us guide our way to light
I am here in this captive love
Ride
To the sky
On the snow
You and I until the end
Meet me where the sun breaks the dark

Ride!

Beautiful isn't it, I think he would be flattered since he doesn't get enough love.

Now what could you be thinking about after hearing me sing that song?
It's unique that I love Shan Yu when it comes to Disney characters, as I have said many times he's underrated and since not many Disney fangirls out there swoon at the sight of him like I do: I don't have to worry about dealing with rabid 12-year old ones that are like "NO HE'S MINE!!". At the same time, it would be nice if I was not alone.

Well, that wraps up this week's song, from now on I'll try to do specials for every 10th edition, but if something urgent comes up like the death of a certain musician, then that might be a change in plans, no guarantees.

I sense comments from my friends planning to tease me in 3......2......1......BAM!!!

-Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sabaton - The Last Stand Track by Track Review

Attero Dominatus - This Soldier's Screaming

First Night With Lordi - All Inclusive