Fangirl of the Day....ME!!!!

Good evening! I don't usually publish two things in one Monday but for now I am.

As I have stated before, I don't always like it when websites do featured fan of the day or week, because the chances being picked are one to a million (if that's how you say it). Some people do it just for the sake of getting more followers by picking someone considered attractive by society, while others choose to do it to raise awareness and not pick based on appearance, that way it is likely that everyone will get a chance.


Well, I can be impatient with these things whenever I nominate/submit myself. With finals coming and a few evaluations this week, I put my mind off these things. But then, I was innocently browsing Twitter while on a study break, and discovered I had been picked for Fangirl of the Day on Ashley Eckstein's blog!

I waited two weeks with hopes held high and at last, I didn't think I would get get my chance!


Unfortunately Ashley's blog doesn't have a re-blog feature which sucks because what if a mother nominated her daughter for FGOTD, her daughter was posted two weeks later, the mother had a blog of her own but couldn't re-share it? Well you've got no other option, (hopefully this isn't plagiarism, but then again it might not because those words written on the blog were actually what I said before I hit the submit button.)

Here's what said about myself: 

Name of Fangirl: Emily

Fangirl’s Occupation: Pharmacy Technician Student

What is her Fangirl interest?
Loves Star Wars, Transformers and general sci-fi. Has dreamt of being a Jedi since she was 6-years old. Her favourite sci-fi characters: Optimus Prime, General Grievous, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Garrus Vakarian and many many more.

Why did you decide to shine the spotlight on this Fangirl?
She is not afraid to be herself and express the things she loves. Every morning when she wakes up, she tells herself and others that everyone has the right to be whoever they want to be.

How does this Fangirl express her fandom?
By wearing Star Wars and Transformers jewelry, her Optimus Prime dress, a green lightsaber, an Optimus Prime plush doll and a framed drawing signed by Peter Cullen himself (the voice of Optimus Prime).

What is her favorite quote or personal motto?
The most important thing is to be yourself and do what you love. All that matters is that you enjoy it. If other people like it, then that’s a bonus.

What is her favorite Fangirl item that she cannot live without?
Her lightsaber and Optimus Prime doll, definitely cannot choose between both!

As you can see when I was busy writing up what to say when nominating myself to be put onto that website, I wrote it as if someone else was nominating me instead. Dagnabbit! Oh well, I'm still happy I got this recognition today. I think they knew I was nominating myself after all.

You can read the original article from the Her Universe blog here (yeah I better cite this hahahaha) Meet Fangirl of the Day: Emily

Hope that was an interesting read for ya, to any ladies who read my blog, please do go check out www.heruniverse.com you'll find some great sci-fi fashion there if you're tired of getting only clothes fit for boys when it comes to your passion.

Take care and may the force be with you.

-Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sabaton - The Last Stand Track by Track Review

Attero Dominatus - This Soldier's Screaming

First Night With Lordi - All Inclusive