A New Beginning

I know it seems a little late that I'm talking about this, but I think now it's time I let it out since it's less than a month away.

Ever since I heard last year that there was going to be a 7th Star Wars movie, at first I thought: How is that even possible? The way the 6th episode ended just seemed like everything was resolved and right. But I guess anything could happen, a new threat could rise, and then boom, chaos again. Like it's Galactic Civil War II.
I have been following updates on the new movie since the beginning of this year and the hype is increasing past the maximum level it should be. As a passionate Star Wars fan since the age of 6, I cannot describe to you how big this is for me. My Star Wars obsession phase has blinked on and off at different periods of my life, but it this universe will always hold the most dominant place in my heart when it comes to science fiction.

So when the trailer came out, I think it's safe to say my excitement blew up:



So far, I know this is centered around Han and Leia's children, so far I believe that Rey (the chick) is one of them. The little BB8 droid that rolls along next to her is cute, but he won't replace R2-D2. Rey is apparently a scavenger from Jakku and does what she likes. Okay we've got a strong independent lead female and that's good. Star Wars has always seemed to avoid following gender stereotypes.

Then there's Finn who is a redeemed First Order Stormtrooper. (which as far as I know is almost like the Empire reborn and then it seems like he gives that up)

Kylo Ren is our antagonist we've seen so many pictures about the last several months. We can only hope that he is just as good as Darth Vader, and it's about time that we have a female Stormtrooper be introduced, because Gwendoline Christie plays Captain Phasma who is an officer in the First Order. You know.....Brienne of Tarth? Brienne the Beauty?

Han and Leia will also be appearing but their roles are not as big this time, but at least that'll give us some nostalgia right?

Anyway, let me just give you a rundown of the positive and negative thoughts I have so far.

Positive:

So far this looks good, I really can't wait to find out more about Kylo Ren, I don't know about the lightsaber yet but we'll see where this takes us. The Millennium Falcon is back and so are many classic star ships such as X-Wing fighters and TIE fighters so it'll feel like we are watching the original trilogy again. I also can't wait to see what Rey is capable of doing because any strong female character instantly gets my attention that this movie will get an A or B in my books.

Negative:

I don't want to say too many bad things just yet because I haven't seen the movie! So, the good news is that there's only one thing that kind of disappoints me. Apparently, Finn eventually becomes the Jedi. Not saying I have a problem with that, we've had a black Jedi before and Mace Windu is his name. But the problem I have is that, when will we ever get a female Jedi in the movies that has a bigger role? Aayla Secura, Luminara Unduli and Shaak Tii were all female Jedi but they had no lines and no role in the movies. You had to go into the Clone Wars to see them with roles. I don't have a problem with doing that, but sometimes I wish we had a lead female Jedi in the movies for once, that's why I wish Rey was one. The Jedi have never been sexist, so c'mon guys let's put a lead female Jedi in future Star Wars movies. I volunteer to be that!

Final thoughts:

Aside from seeing quite a few nostalgic things this movie brings and my disappointment as to who the Jedi is going to be, this movie looks like it'll be worth my time regardless. I'm looking forward to it. Now, I'm not going on opening day to see it, probably gonna wait a few days and go between the 20th and 22nd. This has to be Ultra AVX and no exceptions, I have been a fan for almost 2 decades so this is a huge deal for me.

Alright, those are my thoughts on the new Star Wars movie. It's highly likely this'll become a sequel trilogy, so we'll see.

What are your thoughts on the trailer? Do you like it or not? Are you going to see it? Leave a comment below and thank you so much for taking the time to read my blabbering, feel free to subscribe and enter my galaxy-wide world of what I love.


-Emily


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sabaton - The Last Stand Track by Track Review

Attero Dominatus - This Soldier's Screaming

First Night With Lordi - All Inclusive